Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rainy Day

So today I woke up and it was raining outside. It was one of those rains that make it hard to want to do anything. In fact it took me a while just to get out of bed. When I finally did, I got ready and went to work. On my break I was thinking about this blog and really wanted to explain how beautiful the rain was and how we should always find the best in everything. So I went outside and stared at the rain. I stood there to take it in and to find the good in it. I saw the fog it created. I saw droplets as they hit puddles. I felt the cold air. I tried the best I could to find something, anything that made the rainy day desirable. After about five minutes of being pelted with rain drops I went back inside. I came to the conclusion that it was just a miserable day. A cold, grey, wet, miserable day.

Sometimes you just wake up to a miserable day and no matter how you look at it you can't find anything postive. It's at these times when you have a choice. You can choose to be affected by your situation. Let the weather dictate your attitude and productivity. Or you can decide to say "I know I can't control this situation, but I can control how I react to it". Life is full of things that happen to us. Some good, some bad. It's not what happens to us but how we react to it. You always have a choice. Remember this tomorrow when you wake up. Take a look around and tell yourself, "No matter what happens to me today, I'm going to have a great day!" Commit to it and you will!

With Passion,
William

No comments: